Ghostbusters III Still Alive After Ramis’ Death?

Filed under: Featured Posts,The Drive Home |

GhostbustersDespite the death of one of the original Ghostbusters, series co-creator Harold Ramis — and the apparent unwillingness of Bill Murray to join the project previously — the producers of the long-delayed Ghostbusters III are apparently rolling on.

A source tells The Hollywood Reporter that Sony Pictures will see the script “reworked” in light of Ramis’ death on Monday. “He was always great to bounce something off of, and that will certainly be missed,” the insider tells the trade. “But it won’t affect the script.”

Ramis and co-creator Dan Aykroyd — and at one point Murray — were to appear in the film alongside former original co-star Ernie Hudson to pass the baton to a new generation of paranormal investigators.

For his part, Hudson told TMZ Ramis’ passing changes everything. “There can’t be another Ghostbusters without Harold,” Hudson said Tuesday. “There can be another ‘Ghost’-something,” Hudson said, implying whatever results won’t be the same.

He added wistfully, “That was always my fear, was that something would happen before we all got together.” The former Oz star also confessed, “I know I wouldn’t probably be in the business had I not had the chance to work with Harold in that time in my career.”

 

Share 103 Fxd & WFXD.com Content with the World!
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • BarraPunto
  • Bitacoras.com
  • Fark
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Mixx
  • MySpace
  • PDF
  • Reddit
  • RSS
  • Slashdot
  • Tumblr

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>