Indiana State Fair Victims of Collapse Accept Settlement

Filed under: Eric Scott |

Monday All American Morning News with Eric Scott

Jennifer Nettles teammate J Rome won the ABC series Duets

Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles

8/6/2012 (Courtesy TheBoot.com) — Good Morning! The Indiana Attorney General’s Office said most victims of a deadly stage collapse at the Indiana State Fair have agreed to accept shares of a $13.2 million settlement offer from the state and two private companies.

The office said last Thursday so far 51 of the 62 eligible claimants have accepted the settlement offer. Paperwork from additional claimants that was postmarked by last Wednesday’s midnight deadline also will be accepted.

To accept the combined settlement, claimants agreed to release Mid-America Sound and James Thomas Engineering from additional liability in the August 13, 2011, collapse before country duo Sugarland was to perform, killing seven and injuring dozens. The companies put up a combined $7.2 million with the state’ $6 million.

-Eric Scott

Share this with your friends!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Reddit
  • Tumblr
  • email
  • Print
  • Google Bookmarks
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • LinkedIn
  • PDF
  • RSS

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *