Critical need for O-negative and A-negative blood types throughout the Upper Peninsula
The U.P. Regional Blood Center, a service of Marquette General, is in critical need of O-negative and A-negative blood throughout the Upper Peninsula. The need is high is Marquette, Escanaba, Iron Mountain, Hancock and Sault Ste. Marie. If you haven’t donated in the last 8 weeks, please take the time to give the “gift of life.”
Did you know that all the blood donated at the UP Regional Blood Center stays in the Upper Peninsula? One pint of blood can be used to help three different people in the U.P., and helps 13 Upper Peninsula hospitals.
To be eligible to donate blood, a person must be at least 17 years old, in good health, weigh at least 110 pounds and have a picture ID.
The donation process is a quick and simple. A technician performs a brief medical screening to check blood pressure, pulse, temperature and hemoglobin levels. This helps assure safe blood for patients, and also provides a quick check-up for donors. The entire process takes about 45 minutes, while the actual donation will only take about 10 minutes.
Blood donors can donate blood at the following service sites:
U.P. Regional Blood Center – Marquette
- 427 West College Ave. – Adjacent to Marquette General Hospital
- Call for an Appointment (906) 225-4610 or 1-800-491-4483 (GIVE)
- Hours: Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., and Friday 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
U.P. Regional Blood Center – Escanaba
- Located at Marquette Medical Clinic – Escanaba
- 2500 7th Ave. S., Suite 100
- Call for an Appointment (906)-786-8420
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
U.P. Regional Blood Center – Iron Mountain
- Dickinson Medical Building
- 1717 S. Stephenson Ave., Suite 35
- Call for an Appointment (906)-774-1012
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
U.P. Regional Blood Center – Sault Ste. Marie
- 550 Osborn St.
- Call for an Appointment (906)-632-1177
- Hours: Monday – Tuesday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Wednesday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Thursday – Friday 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., with 1 p.m. being the last scheduled appointment.
U.P. Regional Blood Center – Hancock
- Quincy Center on Market Street, next to Pat’s Food
- To schedule an appointment, please call 483-1392.
- Hours are Mon & Tues 9-5, Wed 8-4:30, and Thurs & Fri 8:30-1:30.