Negaunee, Michigan – December 26, 2013 – CEO Ron Lauren and Branch Manager Marie Molise plan to help the Upper Peninsula Regional Blood Center by holding a Blood Drive at SIR’s Negaunee Branch on Friday, January 10, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Did you know that one pint of blood can save three lives? Or that just one teaspoon of blood can save the life of a precious baby?
You can be a hero in our community by donating blood. Donation only takes 5 to 12 minutes and all the blood donated stays in the Upper Peninsula.
Of course, there are a few requirements to donating blood:
- You must be in general good health
- You should be feeling well the day of your donation
- You must be at least 17 years of age
- You must weight at least 110 pounds
- You should eat a good meal and drink plenty of fluids within 24 hours of donation
- It should be at least 8 weeks since your last donation
- You should bring identification
If you have not donated blood in the past eight weeks, please join me and roll up your sleeve on January 10th at SIR Federal Credit Union! This is a wonderful opportunity to help support our community and SAVE A LIFE!