Marquette, MI – November 30, 2018 – Catch up with the Outdoor Show on 103-FXD. This week we talked about deer check numbers, a big buck contest, breeding dogs, early ice fishing, and more on CWD!
MONDAY – We caught up with Tom at the Rusty Rail deer check station and also talked about their big buck contest
– Next we chatted in studio with Ishpeming school teacher, Sarah Waters about her first buck this season
- Listen to Part 1 of my interview with Tom from Rusty Rail Deer Check Station
- Listen to Part 2 of my chat with Tom about the Big Buck contest
- Listen to Part 1 of my conversation with Sarah Waters from Ishpeming Schools
- Listen to Part 2 of my talk with Sarah about bagging her first buck of the season
TUESDAY – DNR Technician Colter Lubben talks deer check numbers in Esky and Norway and also tell us about his 2nd stalked buck this season in big snow country
– Dr Tim Hunt from Bayshore Veterinary Hospital and Dr. Tim’s Pet Food answers questions about preparing for canine pregnancy and birthing puppies
- Listen to Part 1 of my chat with DNR Tech Colter Lubben
- Listen to Part 2 of interview with Colter Lubbon about Deer Check Numbers in Escanaba and Norway
- Listen to Part 1 of my conversation with Dr. Tim Hunt from Bayshore Veterinary Hopsital in Marquette
- Listen to Part 2 of my talk with Dr. Tim about canine pregnancy and having puppies
WEDNESDAY – We checked in on the deer harvest in the Eastern U.P. with Micks Baitshop in Curtis. We also talked about ICE FISHING…. ALREADY!
– The man the myth the legend J.R. Richardson joined us to discuss NRC issues, CWD, Tim Kobasic and his plans after the NRC
- Listen to Part 1 of my chat with Mick from Mick’s Baitshop in Curtis
- Listen to Part 2 of my conversation with Mick about Ice Fishing
- Listen to Part 1 of my interview with J.R. Richardson
- Listen to Part 2 of my talk with J.R. Richardson about NRC issues and CWD
THURSDAY – Nick at Superior Outfitters in MQT gave us a river report and talked early ice fishing reports in MQT County
– We also caught up with DNR Wildlife Biologist Cody Norton who has split his time checking deer at the DNR Offices in Esky, Mqt, Crystal Falls and at the Norway station which is ground zero for CWD surveillance. Because he has been checking deer at all these locations he offers a unique perspective on this deer season.
- Listen to Part 1 of my interview with Nick from Superior Outfitters in Marquette
- Listen to Part 2 of my talk with Nick about Ice Fishing Reports
- Listen to Part 1 of my conversation with DNR Wildlife Biologist Cody Norton
- Listen to Part 2 of my chat where Cody tells us about deer check numbers in the central U.P.
FRIDAY – Brian Roell stopped by from the DNR office in MQT. We discuss deer check numbers and trends as well as prepping for black powder season on migration trails. And then some bobcat, fisher, and marten trapping season.
– Finally, George Lindquist, President of MUCC came by to give us his deer season perspective and talk about the upcoming U.P. Winter Habitat Work Group and U.P. CWD Task Force meetings next week in Ishpeming.
- Listen to Part 1 of my talk with Brian Roell from the Marquette DNR Office
- Listen to Part 2 of my conversation about Prepping for Black Powder Season and trapping season
- Listen to Part 1 of my chat with George Lindquist, President of the MUCC
- Listen to Part 2 of my interview with George about the CWD Task force and U.P. Winter Habitat Work Group