We had MUCC President George Lindquist on to get his perspective on the new Director of the DNR. We also discussed PFAS and its negative affects on our wildlife and fisheries around the state.
- Listen to Part 1 of my interview with George Lindquist from the MUCC
- Listen to Part 2 of my interview with George about the new Director the DNR and talked about PFAS
2) It was the first time on the show for Fisheries Management Biologist, John Baumann from the DNR offices in Escanaba. We reviewed a handful of Eastern U.P. lakes and why special regulations have been placed on them. Plus some specific musky management lakes.
- Listen to Part 1 of my conversation with John Baumann from the DNR office in Escanaba
- Listen to Part 2 of my talk with John about lakes in the Eastern U.P. and new regulations
1) We got a hold of Chris at Bayview Bait and Tackle in Gladstone to get the latest ice fishing conditions and fishing reports for Little Bay de Noc.
- Listen to Part 1 of my chat with Chris from Bayview Bait & Tackle
- Listen to Part 2 of my talk with Chris about ice fishing conditions
2) Pete Sorelle, our Western U.P. correspondent, from Fred’s East Branch Outfitters in Kenton has been doing a lot of fishing himself this week. He gave us the details of his recent ice fishing adventures all over the Western U.P. From Lac Vieux Desert and the Cisco Chain of Lakes to the Sylvania Tract and of course, Lake Gogebic.
- Listen to Part 1 of my interview with Pete Sorelle from Fred’s East Branch Outfitters
- Listen to Part 2 of my conversation with Pete about western U.P. ice fishing reports
1) Nick at Superior Outfitters in Marquette is one of the few fishermen that enjoys winter steelheading on our local rivers. He not only gave us great reports and what was working, but also filled us in on some damn good ice conditions and ice fishing on Marquette County lakes.
- Listen to Part 1 of my talk with Nick from Superior Outfitters
- Listen to Part 2 of my chat with Nick about ice fishing reports in Marquette and what is hot right now
2) We heard rumor there was some ice on Huron and Keweenaw Bays and Ashley at Indian Country Sports in L’Anse gave us the details. We also got ice fishing reports for inland lakes around Baraga and Houghton Counties plus river mouth steelheading.